Results from the SASR scores are anonymous in order to protect privacy for individuals and institutions.
The results of the research will be used to show average sight reading scores among several groups of participants.
- First year college music education majors.
- Countries with similar education programs.
The following questions are guidelines for the study.
- What system/method produces the best sight readers and encourages the most improvement?
- What motivational techniques work to realize improvement?
- How do you set a sight reading proficiency goal?
- How do you track sight reading improvement?
- What benchmarks should be set for different academic levels? (i.e. music education major, piano major, high school graduate)